Last Update March 30, 2016 A Mommy Makeover is a cosmetic plan that aims to restore the shape and the youthfulness of your body after childbirth. The plan works by combining a number of different procedures to ensure that you get the physique of your desire.
List your questions, doubts and concerns
Your surgeon is likely to explain to you all the major and minor aspects there is to know about the different procedures involved in your particular case. Still, before purchasing the package, make sure that you clear all your doubts and concerns. Prepare a list of all the questions you want to ask your physician, and bring the list during your consultation session. Also, make sure that you do not hesitate to ask anything. Even if a question seems stupid, or downright silly, ask it anyway.
See that you do not breastfeed
During the first few months after birth, it is highly recommended that you feed your child your breast milk. However, Mommy Makeover works best when you are done breastfeeding your child. This means, usually, it is best to obtain the package after a year, or so, once your baby is born. If you undergo the procedures during a period when you are also breastfeeding, it is highly likely that you will not get the desired result. This is because, when combined with breastfeeding, breast cosmetic procedures like beast lift and others do not work very well.
Maintain your ideal weight
Cosmetic procedures, especially those that aim to help you attain your dream weight, have a lasting impact only when you are close to your ideal weight when you undergo them. While maintaining a certain weight after pregnancy is not easy at all, you must at least try to. If your weight is close to your ideal weight, you will get much better results from Mommy Makeover than if that is not the case.
How do you choose a plastic surgeon in Arizona, Pheonix?
Do your homework.
Always ask for references. Read up on the surgeon and what former patients are saying. There are many review sites out there like Doctorscorecard.com and YELP where patients share their honest opinions. Getting a free consultation never hurts as it allows you to get a feel for the doctor and whether he is really experienced or not.
Trust your gut.
If the Arizona plastic surgeon is creepy he or she is not for you. It is all about the experience. If you are looking to save money do so but check out the plastic surgeons credentials and make sure he or she is board certified in plastic surgery. Some top Canadian plastic surgeons are also board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
You should look for these plastic surgery society logos on Arizona Plastic Surgeon sites:
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
1) Requires at least five years of plastic surgery practice experience (this is on top of a full plastic surgery residency)
2) The Plastic Surgeon has to be Sponsored by Three other board certified ASAPS members to ensure he or she is competent surgeon with a good reputation. Not all plastic surgeons have friends with other surgeons so this can be tough for some.
3) It is very stringent. Also, a surgeon who puts this logo on his site and is not a member will be banned from joining the society for two years.
American Society of Plastic Surgery
1) Requires at least a three year complete plastic surgery residency. This is in ADDITION to a full General Surgery Residency. Did you know that a plastic surgeon has to be a general surgeon first before he /she can be a plastic surgeon. These guys go through ten years of training before they can even start practicing.
2) Surgeons have to pass a very challenging written test to ensure their competency.
What Does a Mommy Makeover Cost in Arizona?
A Mommy Makeover in Arizona costs around $10,000 for a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. If you need a breast lift it is probably more. If it is much cheaper than that you should probably leave. If it is too good to be true it probably is!
– Breast augmentation is about $5,000 to $9,000 depending on the clinic and surgeon you choose. Make sure the surgeon you choose is board certified in plastic surgery. Don’t choose and ENT or facial plastic surgeon for body procedures. They are not experts in the body and you are putting your life at risk.
– A tummy tuck can cost about $6,500 to $9,500. Make sure the anesthesiologist – the MD that puts you to sleep is also board certified. Many complications occur at this early stage of surgery and you want to make sure it goes smoothly. Also, some clinics have after care facilities where you can recover and the surgeon is close by. This is ideal and lessens the risk of complications and a speedy recovery.
— Dr. Vincent Zubowicz (@zubowicz) April 1, 2016
For thousands of women in Pheonix, mommy makeovers by a certified plastic surgeon has resulted in a renewed sense of self-esteem and personal satisfaction.
How To Choose A Plastic Surgeon In Arizona For A Mommy Makeover?
1. Do your homework
2. Consult with the Society of Plastic Surgeons
3. Read Reviews
4. Ask for references
5. Look at before and after photos
6. If the price is to good to be true- RUN!
7. Make sure the surgeon you choose has a done a plastic surgery residency and complete training regime. You can only be a plastic surgeon if you were a general surgeon first. General surgery residency is typically three years and plastic surgery residency is at least another three years.
8. ENT, (Ear, nose and throat) should treat just that.
9. A Facial plastic surgeon is good for: facelift, eyelid surgery and rhinoplasty but not the BODY!
10. A Plastic Surgeon is good for face, body and breast augmentation. But make sure they have already done alot of the procedures that you are interested in.
Zip codes: 85003, 85004, 85006, 85007, 85008, 85009, 85012, 85013, 85014, 85015, 85017, 85019, 85020, 85021, 85022, 85023, 85024, 85027, 85029, 85032, 85034, 85035, 85040, 85041, 85042, 85043, 85045, 85048, 85050, 85051, 85053, 85054, 85083, 85251, 85254, 85255, 85282.